Employees are given the benefit of EPF i.e. Employee Provident Fund. As we all know that some amount is deducted from salary and deposited in the EPF account. The most important thing you should have to check the PF balance is your Universal Account Number (UAN).
This number is given by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). After getting the Universal Account Number (UAN), if you also go to a new company, then share your existing number there too.
After this, the Employee Provident Fund in the new company will be reflected in your account.
Usually, the Universal Account Number (UAN) is written on the salary slip, but in some circumstances, you will not see it written. In such a situation or you do not even have a salary slip, you can search your Universal Account Number (UAN) with the help of the steps mentioned below.
How to find UAN number
Find your UAN (Universal Account Number)
Read the steps mentioned below carefully to find UAN number(Universal Account Number):
1) First visit EPFO Member Service Portal.
2) Click on ‘Know Your UAN Status’ on the right.
3) Here you will have three options-member ID, Aadhaar card (Aadhaar) or pan. Can select any of these options.
4) Fill in the information sought on the page-such as your name, date of berth, register mobile number, register email address and captcha.
5) Then click Get Authorization Pin.
6) Click the box next to I Agree on the next page.
7) Thereafter, EPFO will receive an SMS on your mobile, which will receive OTP.
8) Enter OTP on EPFO website.
9) Then click on the validate OTP and get your universal account number (UAN).
10) On behalf of EPFO, you will also get an SMS in which your universal account number (UAN) is written.
You can also show your UAN status.
Also Read: How to Schedule WhatsApp Massages