WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock Feature: Facebook’s instant messaging app WhatsApp has released several updates for Android and iOS users in the last few months.
Recently, WhatsApp has rolled out the fingerprint lock feature for Android users. To use the fingerprint lock feature, it is necessary to have a fingerprint sensor in your phone.
For the information of people, let us know that Fingerprint lock on WhatsApp will work with phones with capacitive fingerprint sensors and in-display fingerprint sensors.
Today, through this article, we will provide you with information about how you can use the fingerprint lock feature on WhatsApp in your Android device.
Recall that this feature is available for iPhone users only from February 2019. Remember that in August 2019, WhatsApp provided a fingerprint lock feature for Android beta users.
WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock Feature for Android:
How to setup
First of all, make sure that the version of WhatsApp version 2.19.221 or above should be installed on your phone. After this, follow the steps given below to secure WhatsApp chats with the help of fingerprint authentication on the Android device.
- Step 1: First open WhatsApp. After this, click on the three dots appearing on the right and go to the settings.
- Step 2: After this go to Account> Privacy> Fingerprint Lock.
- Step 3: Turn on Unlock with Fingerprint on the next screen.
- Step 4: Users can also choose how long after the app closes automatically, here you will get three options, the first is immediate, the second is after one minute and the third option is 30 minutes later.
- Step 5: Apart from this, now users can also choose whether the message of the sender appears in the notification or not.
Whatever time you have decided to lock the app automatically, after that if you want to open the app, then you have to use fingerprint to unlock the app.